Tuesday, June 8-July 13, 2021 | 3-7 p.m.
Electrical Systems and Illumination is about understanding the electrical systems and illumination in buildings and facilities. Specifically, the chapters in this text address the fundamentals of electricity, electric circuits and circuit protection, lighting systems, power distribution, motors and motor maintenance, electrical system installation, and electrical safety practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain fundamental concepts of electricity and electrical circuitry
- Employ metering devices to measure electricity consumption
- Trace the path of power, from its generation at the utility to distribution throughout your facility
- Comprehend electrical symbols used in block diagrams, schematics, installation drawings, and other construction drawings
- Distinguish among the various types of wires, cables, splices, and conduit used in commercial properties
- Describe devices and practices used in circuit protection
- Summarize lighting principles related to measurement, efficiency, maintenance, and resource conservation
- Install, monitor, and maintain motors and starters
- Practice life-saving safety procedures, including lockout/tagout, when working with electrical equipment
Important Update about Coursebooks:
As of February 2021, BOMI has made the decision that all students enrolled in BOMI classes will receive a digital course book (eBook) with their enrollment. To access the book, students will need to use an eReader on their computer, tablet, smartphone or other smart device.
Order a Printed Book: For an additional $50 charge, students that wish to receive a physical book can place their order through BOMI directly. Email email@example.com to place your order.