November 17-19, 2021|8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Environmental Health and Safety Issues presents best practices for developing and managing an effective environmental health and safety program. You will learn about the regulatory process and how it affects facilities. Compliance with laws and regulations is a key focus. The course will prepare you to conduct site assessments, analyze risk, and cooperate with compliance audits. The course also guides learners through the planning process to mitigate the risk from any workplace emergency, specifically addressing hazardous materials, air quality, water pollution, asbestos and lead hazards, and tank management. The management of and response to specific indoor environmental quality complaints is also addressed.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop and manage an effective environmental health and safety program, integrating sustainable best practices wherever appropriate
- Ensure that your facilities are in compliance with Federal, state, and local regulatory mandates
- Assess environmental risk factors and prepare for compliance audits
- Address emergency environmental health situations through proper planning and incident response
- Maintain health and safety records in accordance with industry best practices
- Manage indoor environmental quality complaints related to air, water, mold, radon, asbestos, and other environmental hazards
- Execute appropriate record keeping, reporting, and other requirements associated with aboveground and underground storage tank regulations
- Design and implement a waste management program, including recycling and disposal of all forms of waste including landfills waste, hazardous waste, universal, electronic, and tenant-generated waste
Important Update about Coursebooks:
As of February 2021, BOMI has made the decision that all students enrolled in BOMI classes will receive a digital course book (eBook) with their enrollment. To access the book, students will need to use an eReader on their computer, tablet, smartphone or other smart device.
Order a Printed Book: For an additional $50 charge, students that wish to receive a physical book can place their order through BOMI directly. Email email@example.com to place your order.