TOBY judges are comprised of property managers, facility manager, engineers and property vendors and service providers. To be a TOBY Judge, you must first join the TOBY Judging Committee.
Next, you must attend this mandatory judging workshop. Once you have joined the TOBY Committee, you will be invited to the required workshop date.
Check your calendars! TOBY Judges should be prepared to make the following time commitments:
- Attend the mandatory workshop date- Be prepared to serve as a TOBY proctor (an impartial third party between the judging team and the property entrant). Proctors for 2020 TOBY competition will be selected by the TOBY Committee leadership, but requests to proctor will be considered.
- Be available for TOBY application judging occurring Monday, December 2, 2019-Friday, December 6, 2019. Application review and judging is self-paced, but application scores must be received by Friday, December 6, 2019
- Be available for TOBY building inspection tours (building judging) occurring Monday, December 9, 2019-Friday, December 13, 2019.
- Your proctor will arrange a two-hour tour between the entrant and you and your fellow judges. Please allow three hours total for travel. Exceptions include those judging buildings outside of the Metro Atlanta area.
- Be available, if needed, to participate in TOBY counseling starting on Monday, February 16, 2020. All winning and non-winning local entrants will receive an application review from selected TOBY judges and proctors that prepares them for next year’s competition or regional entry.
- Please note that available judging slots are limited. The TOBY Committee Leadership attempts to place all workshop entrants on a judging team, but this is not guaranteed. Occasionally, unplaced judges are asked to fill in or participate in other portions of the TOBY Program.