BOMA Georgia 2020 TOBY Awards Program
Each year, BOMA Georgia presents TOBY (The Outstanding Building of the Year) Awards to some of Georgia’s top buildings. The TOBY Awards recognize excellence in building operations and management. The awards are presented annually at the TOBY and Association Awards Luncheon in February each year.
Building Entries represent the best in building operations and management across 16 categories. These include:
- Corporate Facility
- Public Assembly
- Historical Building
- Industrial Office Building
- Medical Office Building
- Renovated Building
- Suburban Office Park (Low-Rise)
- Suburban Office Park (Mid-Rise)
- Under 100,000 Square Feet
- 100,000-249,999 Square Feet
- 250,000-499,999 Square Feet
- 500,000 – 1 Million Square Feet
- Over 1 Million Square Feet
- Mixed-Use Category
Steps For Entrant
- Complete the Intent to Enter by Nov. 1, 2019
INTENT TO ENTER
- Pay your local $195 entry fee by check. Mail to BOMA Georgia, 5901 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, STE C300, Atlanta, GA 30328. Please include "TOBY Entry Fee" in the memo line.
- Read carefully! Register your building and complete your application online at http://toby.boma.org by November 15, 2019 deadline. Please note that the online application is not available until the 2019 International TOBY Program concludes on June 25, 2019. Until that time, 2020 entrants are encouraged to work on their application in a Microsoft Word document or similar program. BOMA has provided a worksheet below that entrants can use to complete the different sections of the application before making their final submission online.
SHARE YOUR DATA: Entrants must share their data with BOMA International using ENERGY STAR's Portfolio Manager. Here is how...
See the TOBY Resources section for entry requirements, application judging forms and building inspection forms for all property types.
TOBY Application Worksheet
VIDEO: TOBY Webinar
Notes For Judges
TOBY judges are comprised of property managers, facility manager, engineers and property vendors and service providers. To be a TOBY Judge, you must first join the TOBY Judging Committee. Membership in BOMA Georgia is required. To join the committee, complete and return the committee sign-up form, or email TOBY Committee Liaison, Jacob Wilder
Next, you must attend a mandatory judging workshop. Once you have joined the TOBY Committee, you will be invited to the required workshop date.
Check your calendars! TOBY Judges should be prepared to make the following time commitments:
- Attend the mandatory workshop date
- Be prepared to serve as a TOBY proctor (an impartial third party between the judging team and the property entrant). Proctors for 2019 TOBY competition will be selected by the TOBY Committee leadership, but requests to proctor will be considered.
- Be available for TOBY application judging occurring Monday, December 2, 2019-Friday, December 6, 2019. Application review and judging is self-paced, but application scores must be received by Friday, December 6, 2019
- Be available for TOBY building inspection tours (building judging) occurring Monday, December 9, 2019-Friday, December 13, 2019. Your proctor will arrange a two-hour tour between the entrant and you and your fellow judges. Please allow three hours total for travel. Exceptions include those judging buildings outside of the Metro Atlanta area.
- Be available, if needed, to participate in TOBY counseling starting on Monday, February 16, 2020. All winning and non-winning local entrants will receive an application review from selected TOBY judges and proctors that prepares them for next year’s competition or regional entry.
Please note that available judging slots are limited. The TOBY Committee Leadership attempts to place all workshop entrants on a judging team, but this is not guaranteed. Occasionally, unplaced judges are asked to fill in or participate in other portions of the TOBY Program.